The development of sustainable cities needs to rely on networking between R&D, academics and companies. That’s why, at the Cité Descartes, located in Paris area, merged a unique network, D-Cube Paris, fuelled with R&D centres, high level training pole, innovation and urban demonstrators.
D – Cube Paris addresses companies willing to become established in Paris area in a convenient environment and, more specifically, to develop their activity in the field of the Sustainable City.
This project has the ambition to:
- Develop an ecosystem which stimulates implantation of new users, partnerships and the emergence of demonstrators for the cities of tomorrow.
- Build a sustainable city, rich in material and immaterial services which contribute to the well-being of every citizens.
What’s the added value of D-Cube Paris?
D-Cube Paris is structured by three main components:
An international pole of training, research and expertise with:
- leading academic actors (School of ParisTech, ESIEE Paris bridges, the national school of Architecture, the University of Paris-East Marne-la-Vallée : federated within the Community of Universities and Establishments – University Paris-Est)
- Centers of technical expertise (CSTB, FCBA),
- R&D institute for urban energy transition (Efficacity)
- A competitiveness hub (Advancity)
- Paris-East d.school
Urban demonstrators for a sustainable city:
- the positive energy building Coriolis
- the Bienvenue building, labelled high environmental quality (HQE).
- Sense City, « “a chain of tools for prototyping and performance evaluation of micro and nano-sensors for the sustainable city »,
- 5th generation road, experimentation on a portion of the D199 road to allow for example communication and energy exchange between the infrastructure, the vehicle and the network manager.
- Real estate program of a 10 floors building in wooden frame developed by Vinci Construction.
- The first smart grid in France combining electric and heat networks based on a new paradigm of energy across 100 000 m2 of building (project Descartes 21)
A business area in a sustainable city district:
This area, under development, is designed for companies who wish to establish themselves in a dynamic environment (incubator, Fablab, real estate projects…). 350 companies including SFR-Numericable and Celeste, have already chosen to settle at the Cité Descartes. With its 5,000 workers and a potential of 13 500 new jobs, the Cité Descartes confirms its ambition to become a place of excellence which will be reinforced in 2022 by the implantation of the station of the Grand Paris Express.
What’s the deal?
- Access to expertise, technology transfer, to experimentation and demonstration based on the skills and resources available within the D-Cube Paris international center for research and training.
- Access to urban demonstrators of the sustainable city.
- An opportunity to develop your business in a sustainable city district.